Marco Polo specializes in providing a solution for functional testing and validation of plastic components using the process of Soft Tooling.
Most processes of additive manufacturing techniques and vacuum casting are constrained because of the following parameters –
1. The raw material is not the production intent material. It can only be used for fitment tests and for aesthetic evaluation.
2. In case product tolerances need to be within 50 microns, it would not be possible to achieve using 3D Printing or Vacuum Casting.
3. Extremely low Tool Life and high cost per piece.
Using Aluminum as a tooling material and conventional machining techniques we are able to manufacture tools much faster than production tools. Using our experience in tool design, we use common mould housings over several moulds and try to simplify the design as much as possible for developing the tools at a fraction of the cost and lead time.
From as little as 2 weeks to a maximum of 4 weeks depending on the geometry of the product, we can share parts for functional evaluation.
The life of tools would depend on the selection of raw material and the geometry.
List of Design Software –
List of Machines –
1. CNC Milling – HAAS VF3/TM-1
2. EDM – OscarMAX, Sparkonix
3. Surface Grinding – COSMOS
4. Other conventional machines
Marco Polo Products Pvt. Ltd. is India’s largest 3D Printing and Prototyping service bureau catering to all the needs for new product development.